Pelican Island Wildlife Festival Photography Contest
Entrants will submit digital images in student and non-student categories. At the festival, continuous slideshows using LCD displays will present the images and recognize the photographers. A Web gallery, linked to the Pelican Island Preservation Society website, will show the winning photos and all finalists.
Photos in both the student and non-student categories will be judged in three classes –
- Wildlife Photos
- Landscape Photos
- Macro Photos
Note that Macro implies close-up images of native insects, frogs and plants regardless of the lens used to obtain the image. All photos must be taken in Florida.
Student entries are $10 per photographer for up to three images; winners will receive award prizes. Persons enrolled in school programs up to Grade 12 may register as Students. For the non-student category, the entry fee is $25 per photographer for up to three images; winners will receive cash awards ($100 for Best in Show, $75 for 1st in each class, additional awards based upon entries per class).
Additionally, the winning photos from the non-student categories will be printed, matted and framed for a silent auction at the festival. The proceeds of the silent auction will benefit the Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge.
Many thanks to Southern Photo of Melbourne for serving as a sponsor of this contest.
- Deadline for entries: March 1, 2014. After registering with EventBrite.com, send an email to email@example.com with up to three image attachments. Image attachments must included the photographer's name in the attachment file names. Image titles can be provided in email message contents.
- In the non-student category, JPEG images should be cropped and prepared for printing as large as 11” x 17” (or 11” x 14”) with 300 pixels per inch. In the student category, JPEG images should be submitted with a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Images must show native Florida landscapes, wildlife or plants. The judges will disqualify images featuring exotic species. Images must have been taken since January 1, 2012.
- Limited image modifications are allowed. The intent and effect of any modification must be to produce a more natural looking and accurate photograph. Do not add any elements or objects that do not exist in the original scene. Watermarks, signatures and copyright info should not be visible in an image. Entries will be judged in each class based on visual impact, technical excellence, and composition.
- Your entry constitutes your agreement to allow your entered images and your name to be used on websites owned by Pelican Island Preservation Society (PIPS) and Pelican Island NWR or in any manner whatever to benefit PIPS and Pelican Island NWR. Ownership of the images including the copyright and all other rights shall remain with the entering photographer. Credit will be given to the photographer.
- If a photographer wishes to submit more than three images, the photographer is allowed to enter the contest twice and submit up to six images - no more than three per category.
- Winners will be announced and awarded during the 2014 Pelican Island Wildlife Festival in Riverview Park, Sebastian on March 15, 2014. Please plan to attend. For questions or help, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Patty Corapi at 321-431-6801.
Event details may change at any time, always check with the event organizer when planning to attend this event or purchase tickets.