Whey Processing Workshop
About the Workshop
Join us for this one-day Whey Processing Overview Course especially designed for whey plant operators, sanitation and other operations personnel and managers.
- Dairy Chemistry 101 and Whey Composition
- Basic Whey Processing
- Processing for Specific Components
- Producing WPCs and WPIs
- Permeate and Lactose Processing
- Membranes 101
- Product Quality
- Cleaning and sanitation of equipment
- Cleaning UF and RO; Spiral Bound and Ceramics
- Different Steps of Cleanings
- Types of Chemicals: Acids, Sanitizers
- What to test, titrate, and monitor
- The Sanitizing Process
- Troubleshoot for Protein and Mineral Deposits
- NOTE - TechHelp accepts CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ONLY for online registration. If you can not pay with a card or have any registration or payment questions, please contact Paula Peterman at 208.364.6188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The fee for this workshop is $265 for two or more registering from the same company at the same time or $300 per individual.
- Fee includes Certificate of Completion, full breakfast, lunch, refreshments and course materials.
- Scholarships available upon request and granted based on need.
Registrants who cancel 7 or more business days prior to the workshop will receive a full refund. Registrants who cancel less than 7 business days prior to the workshop will be charged a minimum of 50% of the workshop fee. No show will be charged the full workshop fee.
Who Should Attend
Whey plant operators, sanitation and other operations personnel and managers.
Dr. Karen Smith, Dairy Processing Technologist
Wisconsin Center for Dairy Research, University of Wisconsin-Madison
At the Wisconsin Center for Dairy Research (WCDR), Karen Smith’s area of expertise is dairy process development and troubleshooting. She assists in the development of processes involving whey, whey and milk protein concentrates, and individual proteins. Smith helps organize and teach short courses and works on applied research projects such as the drying differences between various types of whey and acts as an internal consultant and trainer on evaporators, dryers, lactose manufacture, ultrafiltration systems and related membrane technology and s Online Event Registration powered by RegOnline
Food & Wine
Event details may change at any time, always check with the event organizer when planning to attend this event or purchase tickets.